Searching Data in Custom Properties

zack zack at savagecool.com
Tue Jun 14 01:57:29 EDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 10:25 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> What type of data are you working with, and what do you need to do
> with it?

Well I am really just trying to get my head around the
possibilities.  I am very used to FileMaker Pro (and SQL dbs). In
these environments you normally start with the data and build an
interface to use it.  It is almost always with large data sets where
searching will be one of the primary activities. The data and how it
stored is never really an issue.  It's in tables.

Rev offers so much more, but I find myself a bit lost because I am
not used to having to design a storage system for data.  What I
always took for granted isn't there anymore.  I realize that this is
part of the power of Rev you can do it in anyway that seems best.
BUT this is exactly my problem. I don't feel I know enough yet to
know what "seems" best.

I "relate" to data in terms of RDBMS. I see table and columns and
primary keys. That is just what I am used to. In the last few years
XML has become important but still mostly as middle layer not the
storage layer. At least to me.

So now I want to move on to a more flexible tool, but with more power
comes more responsibility!  So I have to adjust. or just go by
altSQLite and be done with it  :>)

Thanks

zack