Slide Show on OS X

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 14 00:51:47 EDT 2005

Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Don't forget Mark Talluto's handy mmGen, now and open source  project at:

> Thanks for mentioning that Richard.  I have been thinking that I  should
> change the license on that project so one can do *anything*  they want
> with the code.  Not sure if that will make up for my  serious inability
> to work on that project at the moment.

Hard to say.  Not-for-profit ventures like open source projects are
often strapped for labor.  I expect it'll remain that way until the
"gift economy" expands to include open source housing and open source
groceries. :)

But I did think it was worth mentioning here because there are always a
few folks looking to dig into something fun, and that project's scope is
contained enough to make it a good thing to contribute to occassionally.

And of course for the speakers going to RevCon it can be handy to use
for making their presentations. :)

And for newcomers who just want to poke around to see how a really
experienced developer puts together a functional product, this is one of
the few products that are open source and it's a treasure trove of good
learning material.

I don't know if making that open source has simplified your life or
complicated it (OS projects can go either way), but if the community
isn't yet really glad you made the move I think they will be as they
play with it more.  Thanks for putting that out there.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation