Slide Show on OS X

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 12 00:56:42 EDT 2005

Hi Dar,

> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:41:15 -0600
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Slide Show on OS X
>

> I'm putting together a slide show that I want to have some smarts.  I'm
> thinking of using a stack that can be run in Revolution or as a
> standalone.

I've always thought xTalk systems are perfect for slide shows. What
kind of smarts do you want it to have? Will it run on a projection
system?

> I'd like for this to run on OS X, but Windows will be a nice plus.
>
> Any advice or pointers?  Can this even be done?

I don't see why not.

> I'm concerned about that menu bar.

How about "hide menubar" In Mac OSX, it should hide the dock too.

I haven't experimented lately, but I was thinking that since the screen
is drawn from the topleft, you could increase resolution to the next
step, but limit the show monitor or projection system to a step lower.
This would hopefully give you some space on the bottom and right sides
of the control monitor for controls which will be offscreen on the show
system, maybe even a field (or other scrolling system) with thumbnail
selection, so you can scroll and find what you want to display.

All the best,
Ken N.