Is there a better way of scanning this list ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Jun 10 18:12:14 EDT 2005

>I continue to be amazed at how much useful information passes
>through this list on a daily basis, and the incredible speed that
>one gets a response to ones questions (many, many, thanks to all!!),
>however even with digests set the time one spends browsing is a lot
>and I was wondering if anybody had developed a stack to read the
>list in a more intelligent manner.

For such a high-volume list, digest is definitely not an optimal way
of participating or lurking. Most email clients nowadays support
filtering of incoming emails. heck it out. If you never used
filtering, here are the steps: a) create a separate mailbox for this
list, and b) set a filter to transfer messages from this list (after
changing yout subscription to individual messages, of course) into
that mailbox. Some email programs support threading whereas others
have subject-based concatenator to group messages from the same topic
together. I think you will be more happy with this. And you can keep
selected messages, thus creating a personal archive that you can
search quickly.

Robert