Subwindow error

Dayakar N dayakar at river-valley.com
Wed Jun 8 02:36:20 EDT 2005

On Tue, June 7, 2005 10:35 pm, Martin Baxter said:

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply.

[...]

> I confess that I don't really understand the error either, but I did
> manage to get your script to work in the way I think you want. The error
> message occurs here after the popup menu has been displayed and you then
> press the arrow key again to change the menu selection. (if I make a menu
> selection with a mouse click there is no error).

> The script below worked OK here - note the local variable l_popon which is
> initialised to false. This allows the script to ignore the second arrow
> key press. The trouble is that when you use the arrow key again it tries to
> popup the menu again instead of just making a selection. - clear ? I hope
> so :-)

Yes, you are right. The error message doesn't appear when there is a mouse
click on the stack. After the mouse click, the stack very obediently
respond's to the down arrow key :-). Upon subsequent arrowKey down, the
selection of the choices can be made from the popup menu.

Is there a way for the mouse click to happen automatically? So that the
error doesn't appear.

> local l_popon = false
>
> on arrowKey theKey
>   if theKey is "down" and l_popon is false then
>     put true into l_popon
>     popup btn "micron"  at "230,225"
>   else
>     pass arrowkey
>     -- so the engine can operate the menu for you
>   end if
> end arrowKey
>
> on menuPick theItem
>   set the label of the btn "micron" to theItem
>   set the menuMode of btn "micron" to comboBox
>   put false into l_popon
>   -- now l_popon is false again like at the start and next
>   -- arrowkey will popup the menu again
> end menuPick
>
> Hope this helped,

I have tried the above script here, but it too worked fine only after a
mouse click on the stack.

--
Regards,

Dayakar