rev cgi engine on Mac OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 7 16:20:39 EDT 2005

On 6/3/05 8:42 AM, Burrton Woodruff wrote:

> Hi Folk,
>
> I've downloaded the osx.zip file from the revolution site. and un-
> zipped it.
>
> The download becomes a folder with two files
>
> echo.mt  (4KB, get info says it is a document) and
>
> rev (2.6 MB, get info says it is a document)
>
> How do these files mesh with the instructions given at
>
> http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/index.html

The file "rev" is the executable, which you should put in your
cgi-executables folder. You can rename it "revolution" if you want it to
match the online tutorial.

The "echo.mt" text file is a pre-made cgi that allows you to test
whether your installation is working. Put that in the folder too. Then
try to access it from a browser:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/echo.mt

If all is well, the echo.mt cgi will return a list of environment
variables. There is nothing special about them; it is just some text to
send back so you know your setup is okay.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com