2.6 objects Kevin talked about? Anyone?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Jun 7 15:26:50 EDT 2005

It seems to me that perhaps this has been taken differently than intended.

It is less of a snippy remark than my trying to understand the company's
timetable for releases.  While I know that these things cannot be expected
to be set in stone and rigorously followed, I find myself puzzled by what
seems to be fits and spurts in releases.

Originally, we were told to expect more or less one feature release per
year and one or more bug-fixes within that same period.  Version 1 went to
version 2, to 2.2 I think, to 2.3... and things seemingly started slowing
up considerably.  Getting from 2.5 to 2.6 took more than a year with
seeming little in the way of bug-fixes.

I am at a point in time in the next week or so where I need to decide
whether to seek an update pack for my university's labpack or hopefully
get the department to spend that amount of money on something else (like
maybe QTPro).

I wouldn't really mind so much it being the Rev update pack, but I am
troubled that it seems we're not likely to gain anything by it, and at
least with QTPro, I could include a Flash animation unit and use QTPro to
convert Flash output to something Rev can use.

Can anyone make any recommendations or better insights into the company's
update/release schedule without giving away the crown jewels ;-)  ?

Judy