Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 6 17:34:31 EDT 2005

Chipp Walters wrote:
> IMO, if they did offer an Intel OSX for *other* computers, they *might*
> be able to give MS (and esp. the much delayed and underpowered Longhorn)
> a run for their money.

Yes, that little company in Redmond does rather well without also
saddling themselves with manufacturing computers.

Indeed, the best computing value I've ever had relative to other
concurrent offerings was my Power Computing box.

<controversialNotion>
A lot of folks like to point to Apple's failed cloning experiment as an
example of why cloning must necessarily fail.  But such a view overlooks
that Apple is the only example of such a failure.

I would argue that if Apple had entered cloning with anything more than
a half-baked, half-hearted effort (to to mention the iron fist they
wielded over cloners) we might once again see a 10% marketshare for an
Apple OS.
</controversialNotion>

--
  Richard Gaskin