Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 6 16:26:58 EDT 2005

Richard,

This is one of the best and most concise explanations of Apple's
marketing strategy I've ever read.

You could also mention Apple's well known marketing tactic of greating
'artificial demand'-- which goes hand in hand with 'artificial supply.'
They manipulate the supply to create the demand. Probably learned it
from Microsoft, who seems to announce their new XXXX product only days
after their competition.

Since 'Switching' to PC's in 96 when Apple went a full year w/out being
able to supply our company with laptops, I can only hope they 'decide'
to offer the Intel OSX on white-box computers. But, I'd be surprised if
they did, as Jobs seems intent to provide both the hardware and software
for all Apple products.

IMO, if they did offer an Intel OSX for *other* computers, they *might*
be able to give MS (and esp. the much delayed and underpowered Longhorn)
a run for their money.

best,

Chipp