Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Jun 6 14:52:41 EDT 2005

> Mac OS X has been leading secret double life. Every Mac
> project build for Intel and PowerPC and Intel. Every release
> of Mac OS X has been built for both Intel and PowerPC-based
> Macs. For the last 5 years. Mac OS X is cross-platform by
> design. Apple's demo is on an Intel-based system. Jobs shows
> all Mac OS X Tiger features are already compatible with
> Intel-based processors. [10:32 am]

This makes sense for both Apple and Intel, and really is no big surprise.
The "Star Trek" project has long been talked about. The guts of OS X came
from NextStep, which last flourished on Intel before flaming out.

My guess is that this will not be a simple port to the post x86 platform but
something in which Apple/Intel will keep control over the entire platform
(and keep out AMD, etc).

I like the Jobs quote about gigahertz and delivering a PPC 3 ghz system.
Soooo much has gone into the argument that clock rating isnt important.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com