[OPINION] Re: Windows Absolute Control

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jun 2 23:01:46 EDT 2005

Stephen King wrote:
> As a windows user I have never had any problem with reactivation (and am
> not personally aware of anyone who has had a problem). I have upgraded
> most parts of my PCs (both have separate licensed copies of XP) and
> typically clear and reinstall every year or two anyway to clear out the
> garbage.
>
> At no time has activation caused me any difficulties. It all seems to
> happen seamlessly.
>
> Cheers
> Steve

Wow. You are lucky. I've had tons of problems with reactivation. On one
computer, I replaced the motherboard and the MS activation team couldn't
get me activated no matter how many hours and hours I spent on the phone
with them, escalating up the chain of command. I ended up *actually*
having to buy a 2nd copy of WinXP (if you can believe it!) to solve the
problem. Truly they've still got serious issues with activation. Funny
thing is, you can find bootleg copies of XP, so the pirates must be
happy, it just the honest customers who are screwed.

-Chipp