How do I script for the effect of menu item "Reshape Graphic"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jun 2 16:15:29 EDT 2005

At 6:42 AM -0700 6/2/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>>The dynamic part of what "Reshape graphic" does (allowing you to drag
>>the marker points around to reshape the polygon) is kind of
>>complicated. Probably the best thing to do is take a look at the
>>script.
>
>I would like to see how RR does this but I have forgotten how to
>peek at a RR menu script. Could you refresh my memory?

The easiest way is just

   edit script of menu "Object"

although you can also use the equivalent

   edit script of button "object" of the defaultMenubar

which works, for example, if you have a stack frontmost that has its
own menu bar. The case section for Reshape Graphic has

    insert script of btn "revReshape" of cd 1 of stack "revLibrary" into front

so you'll also want to do

   edit script of btn "revReshape" of cd 1 of stack "revLibrary"

(basically this part is what handles the actual dragging and
reshaping of the graphic).
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com