How do I script for the effect of menu item "Reshape Graphic"

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Jun 2 09:42:51 EDT 2005

>Message: 14
>Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:36:28 -0700
>From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <revolution at jaedworks.com>
>Subject: Re: How do I script for the effect of menu item "Reshape
>	Graphic"
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>At 5:25 PM -0700 6/1/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>>I have a button with the following handler:
>>
>>on mouseUp
>>    set the markerdrawn of grc 1 to true
>>end mouseUp
>>[...]
>>These two button have no effect on the polygon until I select the
>>polygon and then call "Reshape Graphic" from the Object menu. From
>>this point on the two buttons then show and hide the markers.
>>
>>How can I script for whatever "Reshape graphic" does?
>
>Check out the See Also list for markerDrawn to see ways to affect the
>appearance of the boxes. You may need to set the graphic's
>markerPoints to some reasonable value to make them visible - I don't
>remember what the default is.
>
>The dynamic part of what "Reshape graphic" does (allowing you to drag
>the marker points around to reshape the polygon) is kind of
>complicated. Probably the best thing to do is take a look at the
>script.
>
>>Also, I haven't a clue what those little "Points" are below the
>>"Draw shape at vertices" box in the Inspector. Points like: -3,1 and
>>-2,1 etc. I'll bet they do something interesting. Where do I find
>>these in the docs?
>
>Those are the markerPoints. They give the corners of the little shape
>used for the marker.
>--
>jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
>http://www.jaedworks.com

Thanks Jeanne. That was very helpful.

I see what my problem was. I was setting the MarkerDraw property to
true, but  there were no marker points to be drawn until I had called
Reshape Graphic from the Object menu.

Apparently, if the marker points are empty, Reshape Graphic
constructs a small 33 point closed, filled polygon to simulate a
blackened circle.

I would like to see how RR does this but I have forgotten how to peek
at a RR menu script. Could you refresh my memory?

Thanks,

Jim