Filter

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jun 1 12:52:01 EDT 2005

Mark-

Wednesday, June 1, 2005, 3:52:10 AM, you wrote:

MS> Thanks for replying. Are you saying that really only the regex
MS> rules as described in the little regex syntax window of the docs
MS> in Revolution are valid in Transcript? The docs clearly say to

Yes.

MS> have a look at some Perl website for further info on regex.
MS> Perhaps this reference should be removed from the docs, for now.

The PCRE website gives a good introduction to regular expressions and
is *the* authoritative site for regex syntax and documentation. It
gives good background for those who are just starting to explore
regular expressions, has tutorials and examples, and reference
documents for every weirdness regex can handle. It's very useful stuff
and I end up referring to it just about every time I need to dive into
regular expressions.

I don't think the usefulness of the website is affected by the fact
that Transcript only supports a subset of the regex operators, but
maybe the docs should be changed to include a warning that some of the
really useful stuff isn't supported.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net