ANN: New page in test.

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Jul 31 20:17:42 EDT 2005

I found Manila confusingly robust and annoyingly complex. I prefer
Web Crossing, which is what i use for my blog (http://
www.eclecticity.com). Web Crossing is more expensive than Manila, but
it is also more fully featured, being a true all-in-one server
package backed by a completely user-extensible object database and
all of it entirely scriptable in JavaScript.

But at least I now understand why you went with another product.

Dan

On Jul 31, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2005, at 7:54 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>

>> Andre....
>>
>> A blog from you on technical things would be quite interesting and
>> useful, I'm sure.
>>
>> Curious why you're using Manila when you have your own blogging
>> tools. I mean, I like Manila and all, but does it offer some big
>> advantages that you couldn't get into your own blog tools?
>>
>> I'd definitely read it.
>>
>> Dan
>>

> Dan,
>
> I guess I'll create  a "why manila" article :-D
>
> The point is, my blogging tools are not on par with manila features
> yet. Manila is very powerfull and it's built in editor and image
> upload features enable me to work my page from anywhere. I am
> working on a little manila-like tool but it is not ready yet, so
> for now, I stick with manila. All my blogging tools are just me
> trying to clone frontier/manila for I think it's the most powerfull
> and elegant solution available. Since the frontier kernel was
> opened, my old frontier interest was reborn and I reinstalled
> manila trial here, it will run for two months. I hope that in the
> end of this period or my blogging tools will be as powerfull as I
> want them to be, or that I'll have the money to buy a frontier copy
> for myself!
>
> The main thing was: should I wait for my tools to mature as much as
> I thought they need before creating my page or should I start with
> the tool I like best and then go improving my apps using my daily
> experience with manila as a guidance... I decided to start now! :-D
>
> Cheers
> andre
>

>> On Jul 31, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
>>

>>> Hi There folks,
>>>
>>> I am testing my new page and I'd like feedback from you guys
>>> since the page is most focused on writting interesting things for
>>> rev coders. The page is currently hosted at my house so the
>>> system is slow (slow connection, slow computer) so please be
>>> patient, I just need to see if there's a place for that kind of
>>> page. The content is small now, but I'll be adding content daily.
>>> The url is http://www.andregarzia.com that is not the final url
>>> but a temporary one, before I move my www.soapdog.org domain. The
>>> url will redirect to my home machine on a non standard port, so
>>> that you guys end up on http://home.soapdog.org:8080/
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> andre