Load URL doesn't send message

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 29 18:09:58 EDT 2005

Dave Cragg wrote:

> On 29 Jul 2005, at 03:33, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> I'm using libURL 1.1.3b1 (apparently what ships with 2.6) and can't
>> get a message when the URL is done. I'm trying:
>>
>>  load url tURL with message "myMsg"
>>
>> No message is sent. Is it just me?

Updated info: I went over to MetaCard and ran the same test stack. Now I
do get a message from libURL, so it looks like there is something in Rev
2.6 that is blocking it. Meanwhile, in MetaCard, I altered my status
handler a bit so that it only reports non-empty status and it exits if
status is empty, like this:

on checkStatus tURL
   put urlStatus(tURL) into tStatus
   if tStatus contains "loading" then
     set the endValue of sb "progress" to item 3 of tStatus
     set the thumbPos of sb "progress" to item 2 of tStatus
     put tStatus into fld "status"
   else
     if tStatus <> "" then put tStatus into fld "status"
   end if
   if tStatus is not among the items of "cached,error,timeout" \
      and tStatus <> ""
   then send "checkStatus" to me in 50 milliseconds
end checkStatus

What I saw in the "status" field was "contacted" and nothing else. The
progress bar did not update, although the "saveFile" custom message was
sent by libURL at the end. I tried on various files of different sizes.
In MetaCard I always do get a cached file though, unlike in Rev.

Can anyone repeat this behavior? Or is it still just me?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com