Load URL doesn't send message

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 29 00:14:50 EDT 2005

Brian Yennie wrote:
 > Jacque,
 >
 > I've seen this happen occasionally, but it has been the exception and
 > not the rule. What I can say is that libURL will sometimes error out in
 > "load url" and never send the message even though it should. The only
 > way I've found to deal with this is to monitor the openSockets myself
 > and assume that if the socket for that URL closes and I still haven't
 > heard anything, there was an error.

I've got more info now. I am using a status-checking handler that looks
at the urlstatus and updates a progress bar if the status is "loading".
If I run that handler, I get no message sent when the loading is done.

If I comment out that handler and ignore the status, then I get a
message sent. Mostly. Sometimes it doesn't work. My last 10 tests or so,
nothing worked at all; I'm getting empty status back and no file. Of
course, if I don't use the status handler, then I can't update the
progress bar.

My compromise is to call the message myself when the status is "cached"
and that seems to work okay. But I can't figure out why no message is
sent by libURL.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com