Crossword Generator

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Jul 28 18:44:59 EDT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> MT> I got very close to creating one along with a Word Search program.
> MT> Due to the state of education market at this time, it would not be
> MT> worth the development and marketing costs.
>
> It's also a fairly crowded market, I don't hear a call for Yet Another
> Crossword Program. I do have to admit, though, that I'm not very
> intrigued by the quality of the results of the commercial ones I've
> seen. You can usually tell when something's been generated by a
> program.

This is very true.  At the time, I had the opportunity to write one
that would have gone in just about every teacher store in the U.S.
The margins for Ed Software Tools these days are just not as
lucrative as the private sector applications.  There was a time when
it was good enough to financially justify the time spent.  Luckily, I
receive a great deal of pleasure making tools in this market while my
other projects help to subsidize the expenses.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com