Praise: Rev Documentation to the rescue

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Jul 25 18:22:59 EDT 2005

Hi Dan and Chipp and...

As you might know it, all my plugins come with a bilingual help stack
(between 200 KB and 1 MB each)
I shall only say that writing these stacks is a very hard job...
often longer than writing the first attempt of the plugin.
But this *always* gives me the opportunity to deeply revise
ergonomics, interface and functions.
I try to write "good and complete" docs not only for the end user
benefit (I know that many hate the docs and never read them :-) but
because that's essential for me to be able to provide a "good and
complete" job :-)

Le 26 juil. 05 à 00:05, Chipp Walters a écrit :

> Dan Shafer wrote:
>

>> Designing and writing good docs is nearly as hard as designing
>> and  writing good software.
>>

> I beg to differ! How many software products/code libraries do you
> know of which don't even have documentation. Poor Xavier and his
> TAOO project is a great example, while he has told us some great
> ideas-- w/out *good* documentation, it's really hard to follow...
> (no disrespect intended, X, I still love you;-).
>
> In fact, without good documentation, much software is rendered
> unusable. A case might even be made that without the books authored
> by the '3 Dans,' Hypercard may have never been adopted so widely.
>
> best,
>
> Chipp

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.