array info request (new thread)

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Mon Jul 25 18:04:18 EDT 2005

I only use multiword names as keys when I want to have a multi-
dimensional array for a custom property.  In essence I am just
substituting a space for a comma because it is much easier to read
the notation:

customPropArray[varX&comma&varY]  vs customPropArray[varX&&varY]

The names are not really names but keys for the array made of
multiple "names" or "numbers".

In essence I am making up for the lack of multi-dimensional custom
property arrays with the easiest notation.  I would be happy to use
an item cat operator like the && word cat operator if we had one --
instead of &comma&  or &","&.  Of course it would be better if the
IDE just created a key for these the same way as the regular arrays
and internally converted the syntax [x,y] to [x&","&y].  It is a
mystery to me why they did not do this in the first place.  It seems
like they go to more work trying to explain why custom property
arrays can't be used like ordinary arrays than the effort to just
make them look like they work the same.

Dennis