URL path to Windows server?

keith keith at vortex.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 02:48:50 EDT 2005

If I use the 'get URL' and 'put x into URL' command to get and put
data from and into a file:path/data.txt file... how do I do that when
the data is to be held on a network server? This'll be a Windows
server; in one instance a steam-driven Win98 thing, in the other
instance something far more up to date.

I don't have one to play with right now, and I'd rather avoid ending
up thrashing about experimenting too much when I can get to one. But
I'm worried about how to handle access permissions to the file. This
is one of the ways recommended for handling (basic) multiple-person
access to a data source file, and it makes lots of sense in most ways
- but I can't see how to build in the username/password fileserver
access aspect.