3D?

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Fri Jul 22 15:04:09 EDT 2005

I have looked into this a little bit, and here is what I concluded:

- An image with custom properties
	- one customproperty contains the 3D data
	- another customproperty contains the viewing perspective data
(zoom,tilt,twist,pan,veiwpoint,etc...)
- An external to do the math required for various moves
- On opencard rev sends the 3D dataset to the external
- When any movement is made, the viewing perspective information is
changed, and you send the new viewing perspective information to the
external, which does the math to calculate the imagedata for the image,
then returns that imagedata to Rev
- Rev then sets the imagedata of the image to the new imagedata

The math for doing these computations is not quite as bad as I thought
it would be, and there are a number of websites on the Web that explain
it. However, a huge number of calculations must be performed, which is
why I suggest an external.