MatchText and PCRE

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Jul 19 20:53:13 EDT 2005

On 20/07/2005, at 10:15, Mark Greenberg <markgreenberg at cox.net> wrote:

> David,
>     I am by no means an advanced programmer in Rev, but I have been
> using Regex a lot lately.  This is what I have discovered in my use
> of Regex in Rev:

<snip>

> I highly recommend the book Mastering Regular Expressions by
> Jeffrey E. F. Friedl.  There are a bunch more obscure codes that
> work in the Rev flavor of Regex.

thanks Mark. I have the book on order. I have also been contemplating
buying RegExplorer, which is written in RealBasic and includes four
checkboxes related to my four questions. Apparently, these are
parameters you set in the RealBasic Class so I was wondering about
the corresponding behaviours and options in Rev. Now I know how to
set these switches for Rev defaults and will change behaviours when
needed by using the RegEx codes rather than the checkboxes in the
program.

regards
David