embed/install font

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jul 18 14:38:39 EDT 2005

At 1:11 PM -0400 7/18/2005, Brad Borch wrote:
>Thanks for the pointer. I've done a fair bit of work in Director,
>Flash, etc. A long time ago I did Hypercard work. I'm sure with a
>little bit of guidance I'll get "custom properties," but if you
>could just point me to a brief explanation of how this works and how
>to "suck up" and "spit out" (as I've heard the process referred to
>in some posts) something like another file or executable, I'd
>appreciate it.

How to store a file in a custom property:

You can use a URL to store a file in a custom property:

   set the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
      to URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg"

You restore the file by putting the custom property's value into a URL:

   put the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
      into URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg"

   Tip:  To save space, compress the file before storing it:

   set the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
      to compress(URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg")
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com