showController for audio question???

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 13 15:33:31 EDT 2005

Hi Ban,

> Hello,
>
> I use this code for video and it works perfect
> set the showController of the templatePlayer to true
> play videoclip "My Clip"
>
> I use the similar code for audio and it does not work.  It plays the
> song but does not show the controller
>
> set the showController of the templatePlayer to true
> play audioclip "My Clip"

since i was EXTREMELY surprised that this:

> set the showController of the templatePlayer to true
> play videoclip "My Clip"

really did work, i cannot answer the audio player question.
I am afraid that this is simply not supported with sounds.

> -----------------------
> My problem is I don't know how to create the volume slider to control
> the volume

well, i actually showed you how in one of my mails yesterday...

To help your memory a bit, here is what i wrote:

>> I want to have a volume control to control the sound

I want to have real tables ;-)

> Simply use a "slider", vertical or horizontal!
>
> Set the startvalue to 0
> The endvalue to 100
>
> And put this into the script of the slider:
>
> on scrollbardrag t_value
>    set the playloudness of player "your audio playername here" to
> t_value
> end scrollbardrag
>
> Done :-)
>
> The message "scrollbardrag" is being sent to Revolution continuously
> while the user drags the slider. The message can have 1 parameter,
> the current value of the slider, so this script will work in realtime.
>
> Hope this helps.

Since you do not work with player objects you should change the line to:

on scrollbardrag t_value
    set the playloudness to t_value
end scrollbardrag

> ---------------------
> so that why I am trying to use this code so I don't have to worry
> about
> volume and stuff...:
>
> set the showController of the templatePlayer to true
> play audioclip "My Clip"
>
> but it does not work

See above, be prepared that it won't work at all :-/

> ---------
> Does the player object play the imported song (import as a control) or
> only play songs on the hard drive that you insert in the source
> (C:\audio\songs....)

The latter on, only referenced files, but that is no problem,
actually :-)

With the "play" command you can only play a very small "subset" of
all possible sound files: Uncompressed AIF files and AU files.
WAV files are reported to make some problems.

AND you can only play one sound at a time!

> Please help me.  Anyone has any idea?  Thank you

I help. Yes, i do. You're welcome.

:-)

Regards

Klaus Major