maximizing the stack/card

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Jul 13 14:46:18 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> What should the desired behavior be?
>
> I was unable to find a discussion about handling maximizing properly
> in a quick glance at the Win HIG.  Your guidance on where I can find
> that would be much appreciated.

No idea what, if anything, MS's HIG says - but I can tell you what every
(*) Windows program I've used in the last 10 years does - it maximizes
the window to cover everything except any non-auto-hide taskbar. So if
the task bar is set to auto-hide, then the window covers the entire
visible screen; if not auto-hide, it covers the complete rectangle which
doesn't overlap the task bar.

(*) every means literally every program I've used except Rev; I'm not
aware of