ResizeStack help, please

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jul 13 09:21:13 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

According to the message path hierarchy, a message sent to any card
*always* goes on to the stack script if it is not triggered there.
May be I don't understand correctly but could you confuse the engine
by naming your own messages as system ones?
You have to pass the resizeStack message too and if there is some
geometry set with the geometry manager add a revUpdateGeometry
command line in your resizeStack handler.
May be my tutorial about resizing could help you?

Le 13 juil. 05 à 15:11, Jon a écrit :

> I have a handler in my Stack that displays an image.  In order to
> get the size of the image right, I have some special code to do the
> scaling.  In order to keep the image looking right when the user
> resizes the card/stack, I wrote a ResizeStack handler and put the
> image scaling code in the ResizeStack handler.
>
> First confusion.  The name of the handler is ResizeStack, but it
> doesn't seem to work when it is put in the Stack. The documentation
> says that the message is sent to the Card, not the Stack, so I
> moved the handler to the Card, but it still is not called.
>
> Does it matter where the ResizeStack handler is located?   This is
> more confusing than one would hope it would be.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62