Window Positioning Bug?

Buster wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Tue Jul 12 20:31:50 EDT 2005

Hi Scott,

This works in Rev 2.6, OS X 10.4.1 without a flicker or reappearance
of the stack.

on showWindow
   --set topLeft of stack progind to 10000,10000
   --palette stack progind
   go invisible stack progind
   go back
   set topLeft of stack progind to 10000,10000
   set the visible of stack progind to true
   put windowID of stack progind into tID
   import snapshot from rect (rect of grc 1 of stack progind) of
window tID
   close stack progind
   choose browse tool
end showWindow

Better not set the style of  stack "Submarine" to palette or the
import is done in the palette stack.

Changing window style or window shape on hidden or offscreen stacks
will make the system redraw the window within the screen rect, hence
the flicker or reappearance.
But why it is doing this every second time with your script, I don't
know.
So if it is a bug or a coding problem is for others to decide.

Greetings,
Wouter