Problem with standalone built with Rev 2.6 ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 12 20:24:31 EDT 2005

This is all on Win XP.

I have a stack, and built from it a standalone. When I run this (on any
of 3 Win-XP machines), I regularly get a fatal error
  <app name> has encountered an error and needs to close
  (Please send an error report to Microsoft)

This usually happens within the first 2 minutes or so - and I've never
got more than 5 minutes without crashing.

When I build the same app under 2.5 it is (apparently) ok.  I say
apparently because I've only run it for 10 - 15 minutes; so it's
possible that if I keep running it for longer, I'd see problems - but it
certainly seems to be fine. (A slightly earlier version of the stack,
built under 2.5, has been run for hours - but I have modified the stack
slightly since then).

This is just a first warning that there might be a problem. I'm going to
go off and submit a BZ report on this, and mark it as serious. Is there
anything I could, or should, do to help debug it or to find a work-around ?

(If anyone would like to build a copy and see if it fails for you, the
stacks can be downloaded from
 www.tweedly.net/RunRev/CribbageGame.zip
it decompresses into three stacks - Cribbage.rev is the one to run / build).

btw -as a game,  it (should) run just fine, but isn't quite ready for
announcement in general because the UI is a bit unpolished, and it's
still way too easy to beat the computer.