Buggy debugger -- solved?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jul 12 16:40:09 EDT 2005

It looks like this thread might die. I hope not. I hope a
knowledgeable someone is going to reply. I'd sure appreciate it. I'm
depending on you guys. I've searched the docs, learned nothing, and
taken all advice offered so far. Where else can I turn?

The gist is, the debugger works fine in stack scripts, but I am not
able to debug any background script. I'm talking about bg scripts
that work perfectly, every time.

If I move any background script to the stack script, the debugger
works perfectly. I can replicate the problem, every time. If I split
a sequence of handlers between a background script and a stack
script, I can debug those in the stack, but not those in the
background.

Is this a bug or a feature? Is it well known? Documented? If so,
where? If it's a bug, has it been reported? Has it been fixed?

Cheers,

Tim