Buggy debugger?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jul 12 16:25:00 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,

Great tip :-)
At least for some of us.
Thank you a lot.
I am used to dig in Rev IDE scripts but since Rev displays a super
warning message when you want to name a stack as revSomething, I took
the habit to rename a plugin stack when finished.
The issue came when I want to make some corrections...
Thanks to you, I shall not be obliged to loose time switching the names.

Le 12 juil. 05 à 22:13, Mark Wieder a écrit :

> Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 12:31:48 AM, you wrote:
>
> EC> There is another case where the debugger does not work: when the
> EC> stack name begin with "rev".
> EC> It's not a bug but a feature, an annoying feature when you write
> EC> plugins ;-)
>

> Take a look at the trace handler in the debugger button of the
> revLibrary stack. It's revTargetStack() that's the culprit. Comment
> out the true part of the conditional and leave everything after the
> else - makes life bearable again.
>
> NB: most of the time you want the default behavior - *not* tracing
> through the rev stacks - as the debugger will trip over itself in
> various ways. However, being able to drill down into the rev libraries
> themselves is essential if you're developing plugins or working with
> the libraries themselves. Caveat Revver.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62