random number help...

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jul 12 16:01:21 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

There are many ways that other nice guys pointed.
But I wonder...
Could you tell us why do you need an array?
In other words, what exactly your problem?
Then, may be :-) shall we be able to help you more efficiently?
I guess here an architecture issue rather than a code issue...

Le 12 juil. 05 à 20:09, Paul Salyers a écrit :

> I need help on putting a random number in a array.
>
> Here is my random code to get a random number 0-5:
>
> on mouseUp
>   put random(6) -1 onto tFNF1
>   put tFNF1 into field "FNF"
>   put random(6) -1 onto tSNF1
>   put tSNF1 into field "SNF"
> end mouseUp
>

> What I need to do is to do that 100 times and store the random
> number is an aray
>
> I guess "repeat for 10 times" has replaced "For / Next"
>
> I can live with that, but how to I store the random number in an
> array field eX:
>
> tFNF1 tFNF2 tFNF3 tFNF4 / tFNF100 the same for the tSNF
>
> Then I'll put the tFNF1-100 and tSNF1-100 into the correct fields
> ad need be.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software