Buggy debugger?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Jul 11 22:41:52 EDT 2005

>Timothy.....
>
>I can only report that this same kind of debugging works just fine
>and as expected for me running Rev 2.6.1 on OS X 10.4. I don't
>recall any problem like the one you're describing in earlier
>versions of Rev but I may have missed something.
>
>The factthat the debug buttons are "absent and/or dimmed out"
>suggests to me that further investigation on your part to reveal
>when they are missing and when they are present but inactive. There
>may be a clue in there somewhere.
>
>Dan'

Thanks Dan,

I could have been clearer.

The debug buttons are present at the bottom of the script window
whenever I can bet the debugger to work. The corresponding items are
also present in the debugger dropdown menu at those times.

When I can't get the debugger to work, no debug buttons appear at the
bottom of the script window, and the corresponding menu items are
dimmed out in the debug dropdown menu.

In the quoted passage below, I describe when the debugger works for
me, and when it doesn't.

I hope this additional information will help you help me. I'd sure
like to be able to use the debugger. I'm probably just overlooking
some detail that's a little different in Rev.

I've been working around the problem by scattering "answer" commands,
with variable values, throughout suspect parts of scripts, and
gradually isolating the script problem. It's tedious, but at least it
works.

Tim