Scrolling list fields

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jul 6 22:11:45 EDT 2005

Well, if it's a once only, set-up kind of thing, there's no reason not
to simply type the numbers in as needed.

To do it by script,

on addNumbers
    repeat with n = 1 to the number of lines in fld "schoolList"
         put n & space before line n of fld "schoolList"
    end repeat
end addNumbers

Assuming that they've subsequently been jumbled up, then

sort lines of fld "schoolList" numeric by word 1 of each

will sort them.

Or have I misunderstood the problem?

Mark