Setting fonts [OT..abit]

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jul 6 16:59:20 EDT 2005

For those interested... (as said Chipp :-)

Here are the shared fonts between Mac OS X and Windows XP:
This does not mean that the result is exactly the same but these
following fonts "are among the lines of the fontNames" for each
platform.

Arial (normal, black, narrow)
Century Gothic
Comic sans MS
Courier New
Georgia
Impact
Tahoma
Times New Roman
Verdana
Webdings
Wingdings

Le 6 juil. 05 à 21:00, Chipp Walters a écrit :

> For those interested...
>
> I work on a PC, but port many apps to MacOSX. I've found the
> following works best for me regarding fonts.
>
> I typically set the textFont property of my stacks to Tahoma. This
> is the default system font on the PC and works great, especially
> with ClearType font rendering on WinXP. But, as Jeanne DeVoto
> mentioned to me, it doesn't come installed on Mac systems. Which is
> fine, because then it uses the default font: Lucinda Grande.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62