Embedded objects in fields

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 4 17:25:47 EDT 2005

>> WOW - I would love scrolling text fields with pictures!
>
> -- and buttons! (At the moment I'm doing this is a non-scrolling
> field inside a scrolling group, but aside from being tedious that  has
> other disadvantages, such as the scroll-wheel not working right.)

To get scroll wheel support you can put a graphic behind the other
objects in the group sized to match the group's formattedHeigh and
formattedWidth, then add this to the group script:

on rawKeyDown k
   get the vScroll of me
   if k = 65308 then -- scroll wheel up
     set the vScroll of me to (it + 70)
   else if k = 65309 then -- scroll wheel down
     set the vScroll of me to (it - 70)
   else  pass rawKeyDown
end rawKeyDown

I used 70 there because it matched the size of the objects being viewed
in my app; you can use any scroll increment that works for your needs.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation