Naming conventions [was: Food Fight]

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Jul 3 02:29:02 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I followed this thread and I would like to share additional (off
topic) conventions I use since years that help me a lot when reading
(above all reading again some months later) my code:

At the end of any line where I call another handler or function
(custom or system), I am used to put an add-up:
A comment sign (--) followed by a space (aesthetic need :-), a delta
(or what you want) and a capitalised letter which indicates where is
located the handler or the function used in this line:
nothing: it's in the same script
C: it's in in the card's script
Can be also G, S, MS (main stack), X (external), etc.

As I use, each time I can, handlers or functions placed higher in the
message path, then I always know the effective message path of my
messages :-)
My two cents.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.