Naming conventions [was: Food Fight]

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Sat Jul 2 21:17:33 EDT 2005

Thank you Richard,

Yes, I studied your well written guide before I decided what I wanted
to do.  The Hungarian and I could just not see eye-to-eye, and I was
never that good with foreign languages --just a little Latin and
Spanish;-)  I read my code "out loud" in my head, and I could not get
past the silent t,g,p etc., in every variable name, so I decided to
put them at the end where I could just stop pronouncing at the end of
the word --that seemed natural for me, kind of like name.txt.  I also
tried to simplify things to the absolute essentials for my needs.  I
doubt that anyone will have trouble reading my scripts any more than
if I used no tags at all, which is what I am doing now.  Perhaps a
few other inventive users who have forsaken all tags (for the same
reasons that I have) can see themselves clear to using a version of
the style like I am hammering out for my personal use.  You know how
it is with us inventors --yes, I really am one.  Besides, I could
probably write a script that would read in my script style and spit
it back out in Hungarian if I really needed it to.  Perhaps we could
make it an official BabelFish translation.  LOL

Dennis