Mac scroll wheel

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jul 1 20:43:29 EDT 2005

Recently, Charles Hartman  wrote:

> I'm using a Logitech mouse with a scroll-wheel in OSX. In a scrolling
> field, it works as usual. In a scrolling group (which contains
> several fields and buttons), it doesn't. It _almost_ does nothing in
> that case, except that it may jigger _one_ of the fields up and down
> a little.
>
> Anyone know how to make it behave?

This is probably because there's nothing within the group in the space
between your objects to catch mouse messages.  One way to handle this is to
place a transparent object (graphic, image, etc) in the group that spans the
group's rect to catch scroll messages.  I don't have a scrolling mouse in
front of me but believe it might be necessary to trap rawKeyDown messages
since the scroll wheel doesn't send out "standard" mouseDown/mouseUp
messages.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director