Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 1 05:55:05 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

As usual with Rev docs, it's somewhere but you are rarely able to
find it...
I'm finishing a plugin that finds the following when you enter
"indent" as a search keyword:
Might be useful ;-)

 From the Docs FAQs:
How do I pretty print a script?
Pretty printing is the use of indenting to show the structure of a
handler. When pretty printed, the contents of control structures
(such as if/then/else conditionals and repeat loops) are indented.
Nested control structures are indented more, to show the level of
nesting.
The Revolution script editor automatically pretty-prints the current
handler when you place the insertion point somewhere in the handler
and press Return or Tab. You can also choose Script menu Format to
pretty print the current handler.
To turn off automatic pretty printing, choose Edit menu Preferences,
then uncheck the box labeled "Auto-indent to show structure" in the
"Script Editor" pane.

Le 1 juil. 05 à 11:20, Bob Warren a écrit :

> In addition, perhaps the switch for turning auto-formatting on and
> off could
> be put in a more convenient place Also, descriptions of auto-
> formatting and
> the (non-standard) use of the TAB key could be more prominently
> displayed in
> the Help.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.