Success with Sending email without a SMTP Server!!!!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 30 15:41:03 EST 2005

Andre Garzia wrote:
> I am most pleased to announce that we can send email from Rev in pure
> transcript without a need for SMTP Server or email account. I just
> create a stack that will show how to do it. You can fetch the
> destination email, for example dan at shafermedia.com, then ask the DNS
> server for a SMTP Server that is responsible for that email, then talk
> directly with that server.

I don't understand:

If a conversation with an SMTP server doesn't include a password, what
will be the outcome?  Surely no one in 2005 aids spammers by turning off
the default requirement for SMTP authentication (if they did they should
be fired and forced to wear T-shirt in public reading "I'm the reason
you get spam").

So if I understand you correctly it still comes down to the question: Is
Dan comfortable handing is SMTP password to anyone with a copy of
Interarchy or other traffic monitoring tool?

Did I miss something?  Are you suggestion Dan build a mini-SMTP-server
capability with into his software?

He could always bypass email altogether and get a working system this
afternoon with a CGI....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation