Dragging from list field

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Sat Jan 29 21:36:46 EST 2005

On Jan 29, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> The above is exactly the reason why GetInLine was developed.  Execute
> the
> following in your message box:
>
>   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/getinline.rev"

Nice!   Thank you.   I'm not a good enough scripter to sculpt it to my
needs, but it works beautifully for what it does.

I wish Rev held such functionality in its own innards... seems like it
should if apps are to follow standard Mac interface appearance and
functionality.

For some reason, I still can't get items in a list to drag and drop
into another field, but unfortunately in my application the user needs
the visual feedback your solution gives to know what is even happening.
  Otherwise a Move>> button ala the old resource editor from Hypercard
makes more sense, though it lacks the elegance and ease of use of most
any other Mac app.  (I assume Windows does the same but I rarely have
occasion to work on a Wintel machine.)

My objective would be to be able to click/drag select noncontiguous
items from a long list of words and simply drag them to another field
next door.  Seems like it ought to work easily enough, but as I say,
without the visual feedback of actually "carrying" the text, I'd be the
only one who know it was even going to work.

-Mark