SpellCheck (re-inventing the wheel)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Jan 27 13:20:44 EST 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:

> During the course of helping my son prepare for a test at school, I
> created an educational FlashCard stack that allows him to input his own
> Q&A list. Does someone perhaps have a library stack that can spellcheck
> user input of a text field? Do you include a word list, or do you know
> of
> one that is available in the public domain? We could copy the text into
> Word to check the spelling, but I would rather have a complete
> solution in
> stack form.
>
> Thanks.
> Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>

Roger,

it might be overkill for your project but there are some public
spellcheckers available thru SOAP and XML-RPC interfaces, you can post
your text there, they spellcheck the thing and answer with suggestions.
Check http://www.xmlrpc.com and http://www.soapware.org for this public
services, they have index on these pages that should include public
spellcheckers.

cheers
andre

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004