Outsourcing of programming work to countries with lower cost-of-living expenses

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Thu Jan 27 12:59:32 EST 2005

I just read a few articles on this...

How do you guys who make your living as freelance programmers deal with
this problem? If a company in a third world country can charge a sixth
of the price that a company in a developed country can charge - then how
do you guys ever manage to find clients?

I can see how it would work if the required programming also requires
on-site work - but I cannot see how it would work outside of that.

Just wondering,

Jonathan