Bloody Beginner Questions

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Jan 27 12:40:53 EST 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 2:06 AM, Armin Butterer wrote:

> Hallo out there,
>
> I would like to click on an editable field to just set a cursor or
> select text to edit
> it. Do I need a mouseUp handler to do this ? I am only able to edit
> the field via Tabkey and
> ArrowKeys. that is weired.

For a field to accept mouse clicks, it cannot be editable. This is
because the system sees a mouse-click in a field as an attempt to place
the cursor, so the mouseUp message never gets sent. That's not a
Revolution thing, but a system thing. What you may need to do,
depending on what you're really trying to accomplish here, is to lock
the field until the user clicks on it, then unlock it and let the user
do what they need to do. But it's not clear from  your message exactly
what you want to do here. Users should be able to double-click on text
in an unlocked field to select it. IF that's not working, then there's
some other problem.

> If my simple stack with 2 fields can´t recieve a newCard Command from
> keyboard
> but from the menubar what can I change ?

I can't be sure, but it sounds like you might be encountering the
infamous Mac OS X bug that causes command keys to suddenly stop
working. If that's the case, closing RunRev and then re-opening it will
almost always clear this up.