Printing Hell

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 24 14:09:46 EST 2005

On 1/24/05 12:52 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Accordingly, the information about printing in Rev in this thread is
> rather discouraging. Unless I've misunderstood something basic.

Unless I misunderstood it, the font size problems described are on a
Windows machine. If you are running Rev on a Mac, you should get the
same printout as you are used to in HyperCard.

Windows uses different fonts for printing and for screen display, and
the printing fonts are almost always larger, even though they call
themselves by the same name and point size. Macs use the same fonts for
both printing and screen display, so there is no discrepancy. You'll
have to ask Microsoft why they made such a "creative" decision about fonts.

That said, the problem with printing overlapping objects will be the
same on both platforms. The easiest solution is just to make sure that
your object borders do not overlap.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com