RAD contest...;-)

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Jan 24 12:02:05 EST 2005

It is not easy to create a Word Processing program in Revolution.  Each
edit field only has one alignment style, one set of tabs, etc.  So the only
way to have separate paragraph styles is to have multiple edit fields and
flow between them.

As to why would someone want to create a word processing program?  Simple:
as an educational software publisher, we are developing a number of titles
that call for a word processing program that provided guided writing
instruction.  We need to have tight integration and control of the word
processor, and also keep it appropriate for the grade level.

A fuller-featured edit field, that supported paragraph styles would go a
long way to allowing this functionality.

Since Revolution isn't quite up to this task, it looks like we will be
developing these titles in Java.