RunRev vs RealBasic (nothing to do with it really)

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Tue Jan 18 17:25:05 EST 2005

sorry, just had to add one more to this thread...

While in the Galapagos our Ecuadorian guide (who was extremely hansom
and charming) on the boat spoke perfect queens english (having been
educated in BP oil school in ecuador). On the first night out he was
asking folks what time they wanted to get up the next morning to start
going ashore and turned to my female friend on the trip and said:

"Barbara, when would you like me to come around and knock you up in the
morning?" (in perfectly accented queens english)

knocking someone up in america is getting them pregnant, not knocking
on their door... needless to say i have never seen her so speechless
and this is someone who has a comment for every moment! I think she
wanted the american translation instead of the British...

the other joke is this guy had very beautiful long black hair, but is a
small chap at about 5'5'' and his name is Fabio, he couldn't understand
why we we were laughing at his name... we did send him a Fabio calendar
for xmas.

cheers,

jeff

Jeffrey Reynolds