Compression question / problem

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Jan 12 15:52:06 EST 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Richard Miller wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Solved the issue with compressing/decompressing the jpeg files. It was
> a need to specify all files as binfiles during both the compression
> and decompression phases. (Your script helped identify this). But
> haven't been able to put the fifty files into one stack (as custom
> properties), compress and then decompress that stack. The number of
> bytes stays exactly the same, but the decompressed stack is not
> recognized by Rev. I suspect this has to do with the file format of a
> Rev stack... somethings getting corrupted or left out. Is there a way
> to fix that?

Richard,

Do not compress the images and import them.  Do the following instead:

1. Import all the images into separate custom properties
2. Compress the stack that contains these custom properties
3.  Then binary ftp them to your server.

We do this all the time without issue.  My guess is that you are not
binary uploading the files to the server.  Thus they get converted into
a text file.  Make sure you have the proper filename ending of .gz

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto