Compression question / problem

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Jan 12 14:34:33 EST 2005

Alex,

Solved the issue with compressing/decompressing the jpeg files. It was
a need to specify all files as binfiles during both the compression and
decompression phases. (Your script helped identify this). But haven't
been able to put the fifty files into one stack (as custom properties),
compress and then decompress that stack. The number of bytes stays
exactly the same, but the decompressed stack is not recognized by Rev.
I suspect this has to do with the file format of a Rev stack...
somethings getting corrupted or left out. Is there a way to fix that?

The thought here is that one larger file (about 500k in size) will
transfer faster via the web than 50 10k files. Is that a reasonable
expectation? Perhaps we're better off putting the 50 files into one
simple data/text file (using markers)?

Richard